You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Promotion: Create a free account and get a $10 coupon.
- Shipping & Delivery
- Privacy & Security
- Returns & Replacements
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Viewing Orders
- Updating Account Information
Promotion: Create a free account and get a $10 coupon.
Open a free account with Guru on this website www.guru-nyc.com. There is no obligation to buy, no purchase necessary. Within 2 weeks, you will receive a coupon via email for $10 towards purchases made with Guru online or in person at one of our markets. The coupon will be good until the end of the year. (Dec 31). By opening the account, you agree to receive the email with the coupon. This does not automatically add you to our email list unless you expressly opt in.
- Shipping & Delivery
- Guru is currently offering FREE GROUND SHIPPING for all orders equal to $175 or more.
When using the online store, the "Free Shipping" option will be displayed on checkout when your total purchase is equal to $175 or more. For orders less than $175, upon checkout you will be asked to select your preferred shipping method. Telephone orders are also accepted.Guru processes orders in 24-48 hours and ships using United Parcel Service (UPS) Ground Delivery. For expedited delivery, additional charges apply.
- Privacy & Security
We make your privacy our policy.
As a policy, Guru does not sell, trade or rent your personally identifiable information to third-parties, unless you have granted us permission to do so.
Guru goes to great lengths to keep your financial information private and safe. We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL), the industry standard in transferring information to process your orders. We proudly display the Verisign SSL seal on our website. The SSL encrypts, or translates, your order information into a highly indecipherable code, which is processed immediately. All credit card transactions occur in a secure area of our site, to protect you from any loss, misuse or alteration of information collected. When you have finished shopping and begin the checkout process, you will move into the secure area of our site. Once you've entered, the page address (URL) will change from http to https, to let you know you are in a secure area. Also, a key or a closed lock will appear in the lower right hand corner of your screen to notify you of this change. You will remain in this secure zone for the entire checkout process.
Additionally, we use McAffe Secure Site services to make sure that our site is protected from security vulnerabilities. The entire site is scanned daily to make sure that your account information is always protected against security threats.
Our objective is to provide you with as much information and detail about your prospective purchase as possible.
At Guru, we make every attempt to ensure that our online catalog is as accurate and complete as possible. In order to give you the opportunity to view our products in great detail, some products may appear larger or smaller than their actual size in our photographs; and since every computer monitor is set differently, color and size may vary slightly.
If you're interested in a product that is currently on back order, call us and we can tell you when the item will be back in stock. Sometimes with the volume of orders we receive, an item can go out of stock before we're able to post notification to the site. If this happens, we will notify you personally so we can help you find another item.
Communications: If you provide Guru with personally identifiable information, this information may be used to communicate to you information regarding Guru and its products and services. For example, we may communicate to you information regarding promotions, surveys, contests, sweepstakes or product or service updates. Your personally identifiable information may also be used to improve and customize our Web Site's content, layout and services. These uses improve and customize our interactions with you to better meet your needs.
In addition to the uses set forth above, if you contact us (and provide personally identifiable information to the consultant) or submit a request or inquiry through our Web Site, we will use your information to respond to your inquiry or request and to provide you with any other additional information that we believe may be helpful or interesting to you.
If you place an order with Guru, in addition to the uses set forth above, we will use your personally identifiable information to confirm your order, prevent and detect fraud or abuse, respond to your requests or inquiries, provide you with other administrative information regarding your order and provide you with any other information we deem helpful or interesting to you.
Guru may use your first name and last initial or city when posting your feedback/testimonials on the Guru website; we will never post your full name or additional contact information, unless you expressly grant approval or request to do so. Any reviews you post on the Shop Guru section of the website may display your name as you entered it when registering for a Guru online account.
If you do not want to receive communications from Guru you may elect to opt-out of receiving such communications; please see the "Choice/Opt-Out" section below for more information.
Internal Use: We may compare and review your personally identifiable information for errors, omissions and accuracy. We may also use your personally identifiable information internally to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, Web Site content and product offerings. Your personally identifiable information may also be used internally to conduct internal research on our users' demographics, interests, behavior and generally to better understand and improve the usability, performance and effectiveness of our Web Site and our marketing programs.
Compliance with Law and Fraud Protection: We may collect and disclose any information, including personally identifiable information, we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We may collect and possibly share personally identifiable information and any other information available to us in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any personal or as otherwise required by law. We may also exchange information, including personally identifiable information, with other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
Service Providers: We may share your personally identifiable information with authorized third party partners, agents and contractors. For example, if we need to ship something to you, we must share your name and address with a shipping company. Examples of other third parties that we may share your personal information with include: web hosting companies, fulfillment companies (e.g., companies that fulfill product orders), assemblers, data analysis firms, affiliates, third party consulting or marketing firms and e-mail service providers. Additionally, if you use a credit card or other financing alternative to place an order with Guru, to confirm and process your order we will share your personally identifiable information with such financing company. These third parties only receive personally identifiable information if such information is needed to perform their function(s), and they are not authorized to use any personally identifiable information for any other purpose(s) other than the purpose(s) set forth by Guru. We only provide third-parties with the minimum amount of personally identifiable information necessary to complete the requested service, product or transaction.
Special Events: If you choose to participate in a special event (for example, a promotion, contest or sweepstake), Guru may share your personally identifiable information with those organizations participating in the applicable event. Typically, these third parties do not use your information for any other purpose other than to manage the event. In some cases these third-party partners may send you promotional materials regarding their products and services. In these cases, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out, and not have your personally identifiable information shared with that third-party partner.
If at any time you choose to enter a Guru feedback contest and allow us to post your feedback on our Web Site, we will remove your feedback from our Web Site at any time if you send your request via e-mail to email@example.com. Send this Product to a Friend: When you e-mail a product to a friend, you and your friend's names and e-mail addresses are requested. This ensures that your friend will know that you have requested that Guru send them an e-mail. You and your friend's e-mail addresses will only be used for this purpose unless permission is otherwise granted.
IP Address: When you visit our Web Site, Guru collects your IP address to, among other things, help diagnose problems with its server, administer and tune the operation of its Web Site, analyze trends, track traffic patterns, gather demographic information for aggregate use, and track the date and duration of each session within our Web Site. Your IP address may also be used in combination with your personally identifiable information for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
Guru does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. Please visit the FTC's website at www.ftc.gov for tips on protecting children's privacy online.
If the personally identifiable information Guru has gathered from you changes or you would like to revise such information, we will gladly correct or update any personal data you have previously provided to us. To request a change or update to your personal information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Spoofing” and “Phishing”
A common Internet scam is known as “spoofing” or “phishing.” This occurs when you receive an email from what appears to be a legitimate source requesting personal information fromyou. Please be aware that Guru will NEVER send you an email requesting you to verify credit card, bank information, or any other personal information. If you ever receive an email that appears to be from us requesting such information from you, DO NOT respond to it, and DO NOT click on any links appearing in the email. Instead, please forward the email to us at email@example.com, as we will investigate all instances of possible Internet fraud.
- Returns & Replacements
Retail purchases purchased at full retail price:
Returns and Exchanges will be accepted within 7 days of receipt of your unworn, unwashed merchandise. Returns are accepted at Guru's discretion. There may be a restocking fee.
Sale Items are final sale only; no returns, exchanges or credits will be accepted.
Wholesale and Pre-Order Purchases:
Guru wholesale and pre-order purchases are "made to order" and may not be returned or exchanged. Please see your invoice for terms of sale. Please contact Guru for any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all qualifying Returns and Exchanges, please follow these steps:
- 1. Download and Complete the Return and Exchange form
- 2. Please send your return by mail to:
328 8TH AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10001
- Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions or need immediate assistance.
- For your security, please return your package to us via a trackable, insured mail service to the address listed below. Guru is not responsible for items damaged or lost in transit.
Shipping and handling charges for returns are non-refundable.
In person returns should be made with original receipt.
Refunds will be made via the original payment method. Other than cash refunds processed in person, all other refunds will be processed within 14 business days by Guru.
- You may place your order directly on our website using our online store, by placing a telephone order, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also purchase Guru products in person at our locations and events. Check the Locations tab for additional information.
- Orders made where the billing address and shipping address are different will need confirmation from the customer of the purchase. You may provide a comment, call us or email us that the account holder has indeed made the purchase intended to be shipped to an address different than the billing address. A Guru representative may contact you for this confirmation as well to expedite processing time.
- Guru merchandise is hand made using small cottage production houses. While we strive to keep our website and published inventory up-to-date, we may not always be able to update current information on our products. In case a product or size is not available when you place your order, you will be contacted as soon as possible by a representative.
- To cancel an order, please contact us immediately to avoid shipping and handling charges via email at email@example.com
- Wholesale customers should fill out our wholesale customer application by filling out the form located on the Wholesale tab of our website.
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Payments made via the Guru website are secured by Verisign SSL and made via PayPal merchant services. In person payments, telephone orders and email orders are processed using Chase Paymentec. We use leading services to process payments to protect both you, our customer, and us from potential threats.
- Infrequently, data, including prices, may be inaccurately displayed on our site due to system or typographical errors. While we make every attempt to avoid these errors, they may occur. We reserve the right to correct any and all errors when they do occur and we do not honor inaccurate or erroneous prices. If a product's listed price is lower than its actual price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping the product or cancel the order and notify you of such cancellation. If the order has been shipped, you agree to either return the product or pay the difference between the actual and charged prices. Our prices are also subject to change without notice. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Guru at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promotions will be announced and displayed as sale prices on our website. Some promotions may be final sale only.
- Viewing Orders
- You may view your current and past orders on our website when you login to your account
- Updating Account Information
- You may update your account information at any time by logging in to your account with us.